Saturday, October 10, 2009
Happy Birthday Bayba!
Ok, so this is my (that is Tom, you know, the weird guy Amy is married to) first official, or unofficial for that matter, post. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do but here goes. I just wanted to wish Amy a happy birthday and publicly tell the world that I love this woman! She is my best friend and will be forever. I love her with all my heart and here are 30 reasons why (the number 30 is random, it has nothing to do with age, because we all know that 30 is sooooooooooooooooooooooo old):
1. First of all, I think she is absolutely gorgeous. I still get butterflies when I look into her stunning blue eyes.
2. She is my earthly rock. Without out her, I'm afraid there would be a palatial estate on some extreme beach front property (i.e. the foolish man built his house upon the sand).
3. Her calming effect on me. She can always soothe my soul, even if my pants really are on fire.
4. Her way with the children. Let me just say she is good. She has a sweet way about her.
5. Her ability to think on her feet.
6. Her ability to encourage me to do better, to try a little harder.
7. She's feisty. She ain't Irish, but dang she is feisty.
8. Her love for the Savior and others. I have HONESTLY never met a more Christlike person.
9. Her dancing skills. She is good, really good.
10. I've never told her this, but I think she has an excellent singing voice and I'm just as picky as that Simon chap.
11. Her dedication. Once she puts her mind to something, she gets it done.
12. The fact that she is the one person in the world who got me to like country. WOW! From Nirvana to Dolly, what a jump!
13. Her cooking, oh my gosh! Let me just say there's a reason I'm going to the gym every night!
14. Forgiveness. NEVER, have I met a more forgiving heart.
15. Her laugh! If she laughs, then my day is happy.
16. Her sense of humor. She loves to yank down my pants when I'm not looking (not sexual, don't be dirty!)
17. Her love of fun! She loves carnival rides and my attempts at dancing.
18. Her love of life and adventure! She is always grateful for whatever situation she's in. Even if it is a roach infested apartment we call home.
19. Her trash talk! That's right, she can talk some major smack and she generally has the goods to back it up!
20. Her kissing! Yep, she's a good kisser. In my opinion it's her Mcdonald lips.
21. Our talks. We have some of the most interesting conversations. One of my personal favorites: politics! Sorry honey, I couldn't resist!
22. Her willingness to sacrifice. She has given up so much for our family's happiness.
23. Her prayers. She has taught me a lot about how to create a personal relationship with God.
24. Her faith. It is amazing. I have seen miracles because of her faith.
25. Her patience. I'm still a kid at heart. Ask anyone who knows me.
26. She still dances with me at random moments throughout the day, while I hum some random tunes like "I'm every woman" or "Jingle Bells".
27. She always makes me feel good about myself.
28. Her intelligence. She always stumps me in a debate.
29. Her grace. I swear she floats sometimes.
30. Her role in helping me find Jesus Christ my Savior. For that I will be forever and eternally grateful. You helped saved my life.
I love you girl!