Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Count-down Begins

Joni heard me talking to Omi on the phone today (Tom's mom) about how we will be seeing each other next week - (Tom's BYU graduation - woohooo !!!). Well, since Joni doesn't exactly know what next week means, when I got off the phone Joni insisted Omi come "RIGHT NOW!" The more I tried to explain "8 days" to her, the more upset she got. So to calm her down I busted out my trusty pad of card stock and we made a paper chain count-down. Will these snazzy contraptions be used with children until the end of time? I think so. I saw the same dazzle in her eyes today as I had in mine when I made my first as a wee-one. Joni wanted it hung right above her bed and she couldn't be more thrilled. Now she has something to do every day to help her count down to everyone visiting next week, and I actually have something logical to say to a three year old when she begs for her visitors... because trust me, now that the cat's out of the bag, she WILL beg.

This is just a random picture of Jackson I took today. It's funny because he doesn't crawl yet - just rolls from one side of the room to the other. So how did he get under the chair? Hmmm... he does look kind of proud of himself, though, huh?

1 comment:

Jared and Tara said...

AMY! i could just eat those kids up they're so dog-gone cute! you always think of such good ways to handle those "i want it right NOW!" situations. oh and i LOVE the picture of jackson. eva's excited to have a rolling buddy in a week!