Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fun flash back

I've been neglecting my photo memory card for a while now, so it's time to do some organizing.

I found three short little videos left over from our time in Jerusalem.  It was so weird to watch them.  I thought I'd post them here so I always have them.

This first one was taken on accident.  I meant to take a picture, but my camera was on video setting.  It's looking down into the cave where Christ was born.  It was about a million degrees too hot because there were way too many people.  A tourist group is just getting done singing songs....



I really wish this next one was longer.  When I was finally able to take Tom to Bethlehem at the end of our two year stay, a Christian Palestinian wedding party was coming in just as we were leaving.  So cool....



And this last one I took the day we packed up to come home.  The kids were at a friend's house (hi April!) so we could do all the last minute packing and cleaning.  I was waiting for Tom to come down after locking up, and decided to take a quick video.  It starts out looking around outside, then I walk up the stairs a bit to get one last look at our crusty old front door.  I won't lie - my heart started to pound a little when I watched this.  It's very weird to suddenly go back to the place you went through so much....

1 comment:

Jared and Tara said...

yeah! you posted! (i'm one to talk huh?) i can't get over how crowded it always looks.