Monday, June 7, 2010

Almost two years?


Wow.

We have now been here almost two years, and we have a mere three weeks left.

Today I was thinking that some of the things I will miss the most, are some of the things that took the most getting used to.

For example, it takes forever to get anywhere, and always requires walking.  Today I had two errands to run: buy cantaloupe, and pick up Joni from school.  So Jackson and I set out at noon, which is usually his nap time but I have to keep him up some days because Tom is unable to pick up Joni.

We walked to our favorite produce market, then over to pick up Joni, and came home - it was an hour of walking in the blazing hot sun.

I enjoyed it, even though I was carrying three large cantaloupes and holding sweaty little hands.

It's so easy to be lazy when you have a car.  I'm hoping that wherever we end up living in Austin we are close enough to stores and/or parks that we can walk.  

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

One of the many things that I appreciate about your blog is that it reminds me to be appreciative. So many little things in life can be irritating. It's good to be reminded that they are, in fact, little things. Most of the time it is, after all, a matter of attitude. You are a great example of that, Amy.

Cyndy