Thursday, June 24, 2010

More Bethlehem with Tom

Tom inside the Church of the Nativity, touching the spot where they believe Christ was born.

Down in Jerome's cave, where they think he translated the Bible from Hebrew and Greek, into Latin.  Here Tom is telling Sahar what it says - it included the first verse of the gospel of John.

I always joke that Tom is my walking Wikipedia.  He knows the weirdest stuff.  This picture was also taken in Jerome's cave - in Greek, it is the first two letters of "Christ", and then Alpha and Omega (beginning and end).  I promise I didn't make him strike this cheesy pose.  He was running his finger along the writing as he explained it and I snapped a picture before he could argue with me.


Approaching the checkpoint at the separation wall to get back into Jerusalem.  Sahar was so nice.  She even went half-way through and stood in a long line with us.  She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met.  I would love to tell her story, but I'm not sure she would want me to do it here.  If any of you want to hear it, just ask me when you see me.

No comments: