There has been a "tag" going around for weeks to come up with 25 random things about yourself. Well, I haven't exactly gotten around to it, so I've decided to come up with 28 random things about that sweet man I call my husband, because today he turns 28.
1. His hair looks completely different every day. I don't know how he does it, but he does, and I like it.
2. He LOVES milk and juice, but he recently made a goal to only drink water. I think I could buy a car with the money we've saved already. It has been two weeks.
3. He loves to exercise. He tries to go on a big run and/or do weight training every single day. And let's face it, he looks gooooood. :-)
4. He seems to pretty much have the Bible and the Book of Mormon memorized. But he freely admits to not knowing the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price.
5. He likes to slap feet. I hear it's genetic.
6. He is a walking jukebox. He constantly has weird random songs that just kind of blurt out at any given moment. And they're always the annoying, get-stuck-in-your-head kind.
7. He is an amaaaaaaazing teacher. Any time he gets a teaching calling, he instantly becomes a favorite in the ward.
8. Besides his family, there is a clear winner as to what he would save in a fire. His books. 'Nuff said.
9. He has two nicknames given to him by my family - "rated R Tom", and "Isaac". The second one is a long story - I'll have to tell you sometime because it's pretty funny.
10. He cleans the house better than I do.
11. He has a secret love affair with pens. He loves them. Really.
12. He loves to quote Seinfeld. He just can't help himself.
13. He secretly wishes he could play BYU football (after the revelation on pen obsession, that doesn't seem real likely, does it?).
14. If there was such a thing as a "towel disorder", Tom would have it. I think he was born this way. It seems to be physically impossible for him to hang up towels in the right place, or to use towels for the intended purpose. I don't know how to explain it, but I find comfort in knowing that Tom's mom knows exactly how I feel.
15. Whenever I make homemade pizza, Tom will have one piece. Then after dinner is done, he'll sneak into the kitchen and eat all the toppings off whatever is left.
16. He was a very strict missionary, almost to a fault. He tried to do everything perfectly every minute of every day. It was maddening.
17. He's in love with his kids. Absolutely adores them.
18. He has an almost overwhelming compassion for homeless people. He will always give a beggar on the street money. I have never once seen him pass someone by. EVER.
19. When he cleans, he doesn't exactly pay attention to where he puts things. Mail in the silverware drawer is an easy example.
20. He has great personal hygiene. He showers, flosses, and brushes at least twice a day. He is always clean and he always smells good.
21. He has had a couple of close brushes with death. But he knows from priesthood blessings that he has been protected for a great work.
22. As previously mentioned, Tom lifts weights regularly. He is very strong. (But he secretly wishes he was as big and strong as his brothers-in-law, Tim and Jared).
23. He doesn't mind being late to things. I HATE being late to things. This has been a problem, but he works hard at doing better because he knows what a big deal it is to me.
24. He is very picky about meat. He was raised eating fresh organic beef off of his grandfather's ranch, and now he can't stand anything less.
25. He will do anything for me at any time. I just have to say the word, and he jumps up to do it. He really is one of the nicest people I know.
26. He plucks his eyebrows.
27. He absolutely adores his family. He's not always the greatest at keeping in contact with them, but he loves them with all his heart.
28. As each of his birthdays roll around, I can honestly say he is twice the man he was the year before. He is my best friend and the greatest companion anyone could ever ask for. I love him so much!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM!