Friday, April 2, 2010

I don't even know what to call this post

I've been thinking lately about having the puberty talk with Joni.  She always has a million questions about this or that, but I often turn out to be one of those lame scardy-cat mommas who diverts the conversation to something else.  I mostly do this because Joni is such a talker that I'm worried if I say too much, she's going to go blurt out something about my period or my boobs to a stranger at the park.  We also have never been one of those families who refers to body parts by their official name.  This wasn't thought out or on purpose - it just happened.  So we use phrases like, The Girls, Peeps, Junk, Buns, and the like.  This is evident by a conversation I overheard Joni having with Tom the other day.

Apparently they were wrestling and Joni took a hard, swift kick to Tom's *ahem* "goods".  Tom calmly told Joni he wasn't very happy with her and asked her to leave the room.  When she came back in Tom still had his hands over the "family jewels", and the following conversation ensued....

Joni:  What's the matter, dad?

Tom:  You kicked me so hard I think you bruised my penis (why he suddenly chose to use the proper word, I don't know).

Joni:  Haha!  Peanuts!  Why do you call it peanuts?  Is it like nuts that have pee coming out of them?

Tom:  Ummm, yeah, sort of.




*sigh*

9 comments:

Devon said...

LOLOL smart girl, that one. Good luck with the talk, if you decide to do it!

Diamond said...

Good Golly, that was funny!

Brooke S. said...

Don't worry, It won't be weird between us if Joni tells me about your boobs in primary.

Kristine said...

I love it! I worry about 'the' talk too. For some reason I was thinking 8 but it might not be soon enough. Good luck if you go through with it.

Marie said...

That just completely cracked me up. :)

Megan G said...

Oh. my. goodness. That girl is hysterical. I'm a Sowards, I can't help it! :)

Jared and Tara said...

poor tom, but seriously...so stinkin' funny!

The Peters Family said...

HA! She's awesome.

taylor said...

hahaha...I think my pregnant bladder just lost any control it had left! SO FUNNY! :)