Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Languages

In the time that we've been here, I haven't learned as much Hebrew as I was hoping I would.  I know enough to get by, but I rely on Tom a lot to help with the language barrier.

Since Joni has been learning a lot of Hebrew in school, she seems to feel quite superior to me when it comes to languages.  I can tell that in her mind I know nothing in this area.

Case in point, here is a conversation I had with her yesterday....

Joni:  Mom, does Jesus know Hebrew?

Me:  Yes, he knows all languages.

Joni:  Does he know Arabic?

Me:  Yes, he knows all the languages in all the world.

Joni:  Well, I know he knows English, but what about Spanish?  Does he even know Spanish?

Me:  Yes, honey, he knows ALL languages.

Joni:  Mom, I just don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

No comments: