Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hogle Zoo

I recognize I haven't been posting a whole lot recently. I've had a hard time keeping up on everything without Tom around. I'm doing my best to get prepared for the big move, but no matter how hard I try, I always feel like I still have a million things to do. The good news, though, is that a week from Saturday, I will get to see Tom. I have told him many times that through the month of October, I'm on vacation, and he will be the one changing all the diapers, doing all the feeding, and of course all the cleaning (fall semester in Jerusalem doesn't start until the beginning of November, so he'll have LOTS of free time :-) )

Last week mom and I took Joni and Ava to the zoo, and we met Kristin there. The little girls had a ball! Okay, maybe us adults did, too. I felt like such a little kid - I think I enjoyed it a little too much.

Abby, Ava, and Joni.



Mom in front of the bears.


The girls eagerly observing the elephants.


Jackson didn't always understand what he was looking at, or where he should be looking, but anytime he saw an animal really moving around, this is the mesmerized look he would get on his face.


Mom with Joni and Jackson.


This is Jackson just as we were getting home. It was late afternoon and he hadn't really slept all day. He did amazingly well, but on the drive home we kept handing him baked Cheetos to keep him happy. As you can see, he loves them.


1 comment:

Megan G said...

I'm glad to hear that you're still alive! The kids look like they loved the zoo, how fun! Jackson sure is growing up so fast.