Monday, September 8, 2008

My little Jackson is 1!

My little stud-muffin, Jackson, turned one year old this last Saturday. The lucky little boy actually got two celebrations because Tom's parents were here the day before. So on Friday we had a little birthday lunch for him (lunch time was better for Tom so he could watch on Skype). First, Jackson had a lunch of blueberries and homemade macaroni and cheese. He LOVED it. Then we gave him some chocolate cake for dessert, but he had eaten so much of the meal, he refused to taste the cake for quite a while.

Tom's parents also took us to Javier's that night for dinner. Thanks Omi and Abba! We had a great time visiting with you, and wish you could have stayed longer!

Sorry, but I'm posting a million pictures. What can I say - I'm a shamelessly proud mama to my birthday boy....


Starting in on his mac'n'cheese


"Dude, did you try this?"


Can you say, "cheese!"?


Take notice of the cheesey goodness smeared all over the side of his head, up into his hair.


"So big!"


This picture melts my heart - Tom and Jackson are talking via the computer. Jackson looooves to talk to "dadda". Anytime he sees my laptop, he'll scramble to get to it, hoping to catch a glimpse of daddy. It was nice to have Tom enjoying the celebration with us.





I had to include this one because Jackson was honestly in a state of shock after his lunch. He just stared like that for the longest time. It was cute, but umm, almost freaky.


As you can see, he did finally dig in to the cake.


Since we can't pack much to Jerusalem, we kept his presents to a minimum. Here is Jackson sitting on Omi's lap (Tom's mom) shaking his little, uh, shaker things...I don't know what they are. They made noise and you shake 'em, so I knew he'd like them.


Here is Jackson on his actual birthday. Mom and dad took us to Boone's (it might have had something to do with the fact that I ruined dinner) and let Jackson pig out on french fries. He was a happy camper.

I love my little boy so much. That kid is so full of love and goodness, I could just eat him up. This last year has gone by way too fast. I swear the day he turned one he was instantly bigger.

Here are some pictures of him when he was still itty-bitty....

Little buddy just one day old (the date is wrong on the pic)


With daddy on his blessing day


About two months old


Two month pictures


Jackson, your daddy and I sure love you. You bring so much joy into our lives. We feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has entrusted you with us. We look forward to many more fun and happy years, and even eternity, with you in our family.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE BUDDY!!!

2 comments:

Megan G said...

Gosh he's grown so fast! Sure love ya Jackson! (SD says hi too)

Jared and Tara said...

happy b.day jackson! thanks for posting pictures amy, he's ADORABLE. (which i'm sure you already know.:) )