Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Potty talk

I just have to share a couple things the kids did recently. Tom's family gets a kick out of potty talk, so this is for you guys!

Yesterday as I was getting Jackson out of the bath, I had him all wrapped up in the towel. I asked my mom to hold him while I went downstairs and grabbed him some clothes and a diaper. Just after she took him, she sat down and put him on her lap, and felt, should we say, a rumble? It was pretty loud and powerful, and it was coming from Jackson's tush. My all-so-proper mom yells, "Aaah! He's pooping! Bad! RIGHT. ON. MY. LAP!" Dad and I were laughing so hard we weren't sure what to do. I thought my dad was going to fall right out of his chair.

I did finally run like mad to grab a diaper, and quickly grabbed Jackson. Luckily, it was just a dry run of things to come. You got lucky this time, mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also have to tell of a conversation I had with Joni a few days ago. I walked in on her washing her hands just after going potty. I said,

"Oh good job for washing your hands so well."

Joni: "Well, I stuck my hand in the toilet."

Me: "What? Why did you stick your hand in the toilet?!?"

Joni: "I needed to make sure the toilet paper got all the way in."

Me: *trying to stay calm* "Well, you probably shouldn't put your hand in the toilet."

Joni: "Why?"

Me: "Because that's where peepies and poopies go, so there's germs."

Joni: "Well, I don't always put my hand in the toilet. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't."

Um. Yeah.

4 comments:

Megan G said...

HAHAHA, so funny!

Jared and Tara said...

oh man! i will forever cherish these stories.... :)

Marley Girls said...

Okay I am getting all updated on your blog, your kids are SO CUTE!! I can't believe Jackson is one already! I can't believe you guys are really moving to Jerusalem! I am so excited for you guys, that will be so much fun! I need to call you to get all the updates!

Bethany said...

oh Man! Those are both hilarious!