Friday, October 3, 2008

I guess this is it!

This has to be quick, because if I'm not in bed in the next few minutes, my mom will skin me alive. My parents have helped me soooooo much today, to get ready for the big move to Jerusalem. They've told me many times today that they don't want me to start out the big trip being tired, so I need to hit the sack. Because heaven knows I'm going to get tired soon.

So I guess it's possible to move to another country in only five suitcases for three people, because that's essentially what I'm doing. And I've got the diaper bag all packed with random toys and snacks, and we head out for the airport tomorrow at about 8:00 am. My flight leaves at 11:00, and we will be getting to Jerusalem at about 3:00 in the afternoon, Saturday.

I feel relatively calm, and at the same time, a nervous wreck. I keep asking myself, "Do people actually do this? Move to the other side of the globe? Going off nothing but student loans and faith?" I think the answer might be, um, NO. But I like to convince myself that this is a perfectly normal thing to do.

Believe it or not, we're still not even sure where we're living! It's a long story that I will have to tell later. We thought we had made a decision, and then something else came up, so both possibilities are just kind of hanging out there until Sunday. So we'll probably be spending the first night there in a hotel. But no worries, the Lord is working things out for us. It just makes the adventure that much more exciting.

Quick story. Okay, I guess it's not a story, it's something cute Joni said today. We were on our way home today from WalMart, and Joni says, "Hey mom! Guess what! I don't have to miss daddy anymore because we're going to Jerusalem tomorrow! So now I can hug him, and kiss him, and play with him! Yeah!" It has to go down in the cutest-thing-ever-said-hall of fame. I love that kid. I might be ready to strangle her by the time this trip is over, but I do love her.

Okay, I guess I'm going to hope that this post makes sense, and head to bed. I've got to be up in about five hours. I hope to still be sane the next time I post - in Jerusalem!

6 comments:

Megan G said...

Amy, by the time you read this you be in Jerusalem, oh WOW! I can't wait to hear all about your trip... I will be praying hard for you guys! Love, love, love you! You are so awesome.

Megan G said...

I really can speak English... I meant, you will be in Jerusalem...

taylor said...

Wow! I can't believe you guys are leaving already! Have a safe trip and enjoy Jerusalem!!

Shane and Geana said...

Good luck, we will miss you a lot.

Kelli Colleen said...

Oh Amy...how we will miss you! The United States won't be the same anymore. Have fun out there in the world. I can't wait to hear how the trip went! love you tons

Amy J. said...

Well, I guess you're there. I thought about you all weekend. Hope the trip went well. I'm learning how to use skype so you need to send me your info so I can call you. We'll do Christmas here and we can all talk to you! Plan?
I'm going to miss you Baldee!