Thursday, August 28, 2008

As my mom would say..."that's interesting"

One thing you all have to know about my mom, is her use of the word "interesting". She uses this word like someone would use the word crazy, unattractive, or maybe unusual - depending on the situation. Like if I were to wear a pink sweater with an orange mini skirt, and asked her what she thought of it, she would pause for a moment, and say, "Well, it's interesting." That's code for, "That looks ridiculous!" Or if Tom were to suddenly drop all he has done in school, and randomly decide to become a butterfly keeper, she would say, "Well, that's an interesting choice."

You get the idea.

Well, as you can probably tell from the following picture, Joni looked "interesting" today. She called herself a "vairy" (not fairy - I asked her if that was what she meant. Umm, apparently not).



Here's is a back view of her sitting at the counter to eat.


And this is Jackson being his own "interesting" today. This is how he looked when I got home from a lunch date with a friend. My mom had fed him a wide variety of foods - many of which ended up all over him, including in his hair. The wet hair in the front is some splashes of chicken noodle soup. Remember his "so big!" routine? Well, just starting today, he now reaches up high, and then smacks the top of his head. It turns out that it's not very pretty when you pair that with meal time.

3 comments:

Lori said...

She is so cute! I love it when they just pile all sorts of stuff on and dress up. My girls love doing that! I am not looking forward to the feed myself stage of Courtnee. I am way to controlling and like things clean.

Jared and Tara said...

i LOVE the look on joni's face in the first picture! what cuties.

Kristine said...

Oh I LOVE the dress up. We are all into dress up here!! It is so much fun to see their imaginations.