Sunday, May 18, 2008

Random stuff for the week...

Sorry I have been slow in posting this week. We got a new camera this last Tuesday (thanks Omi and Abba!), and have had fun trying it out. But I kept feeling too lazy to download the software that came with it. It's been a pretty good week... Tom got accepted to the summer program at the Rothberg International School-Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Our plan right now is for him to head over there by himself at the end of June, while me and the kids go stay with my parents. He'll be gone for 5-6 weeks, unless he gets some special consideration to stay longer and take some additional language courses.

For those of you who might wonder, he's going there to take their summer Biblical Hebrew program. Hebrew was one of his minors at BYU, but he would like to really solidify his knowledge and experience with it. Plus going overseas will look good on his applications when he goes to apply for Ph.D. programs in a couple of years. We're still waiting to hear whether he has been accepted to Rothberg's Master's program that starts this fall. If he gets into that, the kids and I will be joining him in Jerusalem for 2 years!

So for right now, we're just trying to figure out how we should start packing for such uncertain plans. No matter where we end up, we very much feel the Lord's hand in our lives, and we know He's opening doors for our little family...... somewhere.

Other than that bit of news, it's been a pretty ordinary week. Here are some pictures and a video that I took with the new camera:

My cute Jackson. But don't be fooled by those big blue eyes... he has a couple of razor sharp teeth coming in on the bottom, and they're dangerous... and if you're a nursing mother, you know what I mean.


Joni LOVES to hold Jackson. Sometimes he loves it too. From the looks of it, this was one of the times he enjoyed it.


Joni being silly with her friend Anna from upstairs.


And here's a video of the two kids playing together. Joni can make Jackson laugh harder than anyone, and I couldn't resist the chance to capture it on video:


4 comments:

Megan G said...

Holy cute kids! I'm sorry about Jackson's teeth though... ouch, ouch, ouch! (Guess I'm not too excited about S.D. getting teeth anymore!) CONGRATS, TOM! Tom you have to get me a spoon from Israel! Amy, you are a super mom. I don't know how you do it!

Jared and Tara said...

CONGRATULATIONS! that's really exciting about tom. and jackson and jo-jo are so cute playing together. i love how jackson shakes when he gets excited about something!

Lori said...

those are way fun pictures and video. and that is awesome that Tom got accepted to go over there to study for awhile. What kind of camera did you get?

Amy S. said...

Lori - I got a Canon SD850, and I love it!