Thursday, March 25, 2010

Picture of the Day #25 - David and Goliath

Today for playgroup we went to the place where David slew Goliath, and played with sling shots.

My friend and I tried to explain to our kids on the way home what a unique experience it is to do something like that on a plain ol' Wednesday morning, but we're not sure they reeeally understood.

They definitely enjoyed the sling shots, though.


I have a lot more photos of the day, but this will have to do for now.  It was definitely one of my favorites.

We felt so spontaneous today.  When we were half-way home, we saw a turn-off to go see some magnificent stalactite caves.  We had no idea where we were going, but we drove up into the mountains until we found it.  If I was an outsider looking in, I would have wondered what these two crazy moms were doing driving all over the mountains of Israel without a clue in the world what they were doing.  But dang, it was fun.

And now I'm fried.  Tom has told me at least 100 times tonight that I am sun-burned.  Okay, honey, I got it.


No rocks were used in the making of this photo.  You think I'd give my 2 year old a rock and a sling shot?  Sheesh.

2 comments:

Kristin Aiello said...

What an amazing day. LOOOVE IT!

Megan G said...

That is so cool! I think Jackson could maybe make up a pick up line for a girl someday about being where David slew Goliath... or maybe I'm just tired. Ok and also until I knew that Jackson wasn't chucking a rock in that picture I thought, "MAN Amy you're brave!"